Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Planning for Thanksgiving

I’m busy planning for Thanksgiving. I’m not sure how it happened but there will be 17 people celebrating Thanksgiving Day with us.

Thankfully, everyone wants to bring something. My husband, who loves lists and spreadsheets, is making a spreadsheet to figure out how many ounces of soup, vegetables, turkey and stuffing as a “function of guests” we need. I have no idea what “function of guests” actually means, but he found a formula on the internet to put in the spreadsheet so we will have exactly the right amount of food.


Hopefully, no one will want more or less than the “formula” allows for – or we will be in big trouble. (This is what you get when you marry an engineer – or a crazy person?)

My husband just asked me if 8 ounces of turkey per person is enough? He also told my sister she needs to bring 5 lbs 3 oz of sweet potato pudding – not one ounce more or one ounce less. (I will have a scale at the door to make sure she brings the exact amount needed).

Anyway – we have cheese and crackers, turkey, two types of stuffing (my sister likes Stouffer’s, I like Pepperidge Farm), sweet potato pudding, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, asparagus, carrots, turnips, soup, pumpkin pie, lemon meringue pie and ice cream cake.

I think we have everything we need. If we don’t, we have each other – the whole point of Thanksgiving.

*if you would like a copy of my husband’s spreadsheet – let me know – I’m sure he would be happy to share it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment